Recipe Courtesy of Joanna Saltz of delish.com
Ready or not we have pumpkin! Frightfully simple no bake pumpkin layered dessert served with a homemade caramel that you can set and forget. Surprise your guests with this unforgettable seasonal treat for a ghoulishly good time.
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 2 c. milk
- 3 small packages vanilla pudding mix
- 1 c. pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 10 graham cracker sheets
- 1/4 c. Caramel
- Pecans, for garnish
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and ¼ cup sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly add in 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and beat until stiff peaks form.
- In another medium bowl, beat milk, pudding mix, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice until well-mixed and thick. (Start with 1 1/2 cups milk and beat until it’s the consistency of a pudding—if it’s too thick, continue to add the rest of the milk.)
- Layering: Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture in a 9″-x-13″ baking dish. Top with a layer of graham crackers. Add half the pudding mixture and top with a layer of half the cream cheese mixture. Drizzle with caramel and repeat, ending with the cream cheese layer (hold the caramel until ready to serve).
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Drizzle with caramel and garnish with pecans before serving.
How to Make Caramel from Sweetened Condensed Milk
Ingredient: 1 14-oz. can (396 g) sweetened, condensed milk
- Remove the label from the can. Make sure that it’s sealed.
- Place the can in a pot and cover it with 2 inches (5 centimeters) of water.
- Bring the water to a simmer over high heat.
- Reduce the heat for medium.
- Allow it to cook for 2 to 3 hours. Add more water as needed.
- Remove the can using tongs.
- Let it reach room temperature before opening it.