Courtesy of www.carlsbadcravings.com
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 22 saltine crackers crushed
- 1/3 cup dry minced onion
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
Sweet & Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- 1 can whole cranberry sauce 14 oz. can
- 1/4 cup quality hoisin sauce like Kikkoman or Lee Kum Kee
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Franks Buffalo Hot WINGS Sauce to taste*
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Place a baking rack on top of a baking sheet. Set aside. (If you don’t have a baking rack, line baking sheet with parchment paper.)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the meatball ingredients, mix until well combined. Roll meat mixture into desired meatball size**. Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, add all of the Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Sauce ingredients starting with just 2 teaspoons hot wings sauce to a bowl and mix to combine. You can add more hot sauce to taste at the end of cooking.
- Line the bottom of your slow cooker with meatballs, then a layer of Sweet and Spicy Cranberry Sauce, then the remaining meatballs followed by the remaining. Sauce. Gently stir meatballs an hour after cooking.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 2 hours. Taste and stir in additional hot wings sauce (I use a total of 2 tablespoons which is spicy) Keep warm until serving.
**Makes approximately 70 meatballs using 1″ cookie scoop; 35 meatballs using 2″ cookie scoop