For more events in Wilmington, Wrightsville Beach, and Pleasure Island, click here. For more events in the Oak Island / Southport area, click here. For more events in the Ocean Isle Beach, Sunset Beach, and Holden Beach areas, click here. Bookmark this page on our website for easy access to all of these events throughout the month of March.
As our partnership with Luxury Portfolio allows, Intracoastal Realty’s listings are often featured on LuxuryPortfolio.com. We often peruse the other listings around the world and become enamored with a number of the features, the outdoor spaces, and the interior design and decor of these lavish properties. This week, we have opted to share a few of our favorites with you.
Harmony Mountain…where a special journey awaits. Beginning with the half-mile drive gently winding to the very private 16,000 square foot retreat with commanding views, a seemingly endless vista that stretches for miles. The finest materials drawn from around the world from foundation to roof. The entire property, from its circular main entry to its 10-car garage, with caretaker quarters, pool house, infinity-edge pool, various gardens, hiking trails, labyrinth, fire pit and space to encompass a helipad.
PROPERTY FEATURES INCLUDE: 1 Fireplace(s)
BUILT IN: 2002
APPROXIMATE SQUARE FEET: 10666 ft
ARCHITECTURAL STYLE: Contemporary
LOT ACRES: 100
• One of Sydney’s most significant Spanish Mission style residences, ‘Alcooringa’ is surrounded by magnificent private gardens
• Built in the 1930s by acclaimed architect of the day F. Glynn Gilling
• Boasts sweeping views across the harbour, from the city icons to North Head and the vast Pacific Ocean
• This exceptional dual-access estate spans a seven-bedroom main residence and private detached three-bedroom cottage with garage, ideal for guests or staff accommodation
• A majestic double height entry gallery is wrapped in a sweeping staircase, and opens directly onto the formal living and dining areas
• Arched windows frame the harbour, while special features include carved stone fireplaces, floors of beautiful parquet, pilasters mounted with intricate capitals, and custom wrought iron finishes
• A magnificent ballroom graces the lower entertaining level complete with Italian chandeliers and marble floors
• Other facilities on the lower level include a full sized billiard room and bar, sauna and gym, as well as a caterer’s kitchen, and private chapel with vaulted ceilings
• The upper floor bedroom level includes a breathtaking master wing with sweeping views over Sydney Harbour
• A bespoke period inspired kitchen features integrated Gaggenau appliances and a commercial grade fridge and freezer
• ‘Alcooringa’s’ many additional features include lift access to all levels, separate ladies’ and gents’ powder rooms, a huge wine cellar, a three car garage and a further 6 secure car spaces
• Outdoors, sun-drenched terraces overlook the gardens and patios, with a north facing alfresco dining pavilion, waterfall fountain features and level lawns.
• Elegant and enviably positioned, Bellevue Hill is moments to Sydney’s best schools and within easy reach of Sydney CBD
PROPERTY FEATURES INCLUDE: Gated Entry
VIEWS INCLUDE: Water
ARCHITECTURAL STYLE: Mediterranean
LOT DIMENSIONS: 1560 sqm
Secure a piece of paradise and become a part of this privileged harbourfront enclave in one of Sydney’s most prestige addresses. Gazing north east over Felix Bay’s boat filled waters with views to Shark Island and across to Manly; this gracious 1890s residence represents a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to acquire a magnificent harbour property of unlimited future promise.
• One of the last remaining original homes in this highly prized suburb
• Held within the same family for nearly 70 years
• A level 1,000sqm (approx.) street-to-waterfront landholding, north facing
• Just under 12m beach frontage and direct private access to Lady Martin Beach
• Currently configured as two separate three bedroom residences plus studio apartment
• Beautifully retained period details and smart modern updates
• Outstanding scope to explore development possibilities
Inspect by appointment. For sale via Expressions of Interest.
Leave root and 1 inch stem on beets; scrub with a brush. Cut an 18 x 12-inch sheet of foil. Place beets in center of foil. Gather edges of foil to form a pouch; tightly seal edges. Place pouch on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 45 minutes or until tender. Cool 20 minutes. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Cut beets into quarters.
Grate 1 teaspoon orange rind. Peel and section oranges over a large bowl; squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside; reserve 3 tablespoons juice. Discard membranes. Combine rind, juice, vinegar, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
Divide greens evenly among 8 plates. Arrange beets and orange sections on top of greens. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons nuts. Drizzle each serving with about 2 teaspoons dressing.
During the DOT meeting on Thursday, February 18, 2016, it was mentioned that improvements will be made to Wrightsville Beach bridge during the summer. The good news is that it will not occur in middle of summer! Below is the information about the bridge improvements and time line. This is from the Wrightsville Beach town manager, Tim Owens.
Bike Improvements On the Bridge
NCDOT has funding in place to install plates over the grates on the drawbridge to make biking more safe. The plates (about 2.5 feet in width) will be bolted onto the decking on each outside lane. The travel lanes will be narrowed to 11 feet from their existing width. The project will be let in June. The begin date will be after Labor Day. Construction work and lane closures will be allowed weekly from 9am to 4pm with the exception of weekends or during night time hours. There could be a few night time bridge closures during the construction process.
The mission of The Steve Haydu St. Patrick’s Day Lo Tide Run as an all-volunteer board is to provide monetary assistance to New Hanover County residents who are battling cancer and struggling with financial obligations, and to empower our community to come together to support and honor local cancer warriors through a fun and inspiring 5K and 10K race.
The 2016 race will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2016 in Carolina Beach, NC at the Carolina Beach Boardwalk. To join the Intracoastal Realty team, click this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lo-tide-run-2016-registration-8547416553?team_token=1495635-81ns7. If you have questions about joining, contact Courtney Gore who is organizing the team for Intracoastal Realty.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(subject to change)
Registration 7:00 AM
10K / 5K Run 8:00 / 8:30 AM
Awards Ceremony (approx) 10:45 AM
Rain or Shine
10k Run or 5K Run/Walk $30 by 03/01
10K Run or 5K Run/Walk $35 after 03/01
Day of Race $40
$5 discount for students and military
Lo Tide t-shirt guaranteed to only pre-registrants
1,2,3 overall and age groups, M+F
9 & under, then 5 years to 65 / Seniors 65+
The Kelly King 1st Place Active Military Person Award
EARLY PACKET PICKUP
Friday March 11th 12 to 6PM
Omega Sports Hanover Center
3501 Oleander Dr.
Wilmington, NC 910.762.7212
Get your packet early and beat the rush on race day.
RACE DAY REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUP
(subject to change)
Registration and packets for those pre-registered will be available on race day at 7:00 AM in
the Registration Tent located at Carolina Beach Boardwalk. All packets must be picked up by 7:45 AM.