Family Night is every Tuesday from 6:30pm-8:30pm and has bouncy toys, karaoke and plenty more.
Bingo on the Boardwalk & Jazz at the Lake on Wednesday Night! Featuring El Jaye Johnson playing from 8:00 – 10:00 p.m. July 28th.
Fireworks and Live Music – Everyday Thursday night come out and enjoy the fireworks and music. This week features the Daniel Parish Band. The boardwalk offers many rides and great food to enjoy. Rides are open on weekdays from 5 pm to 11 pm and weekends 5 pm to midnight.
Every Saturday from 8:00am to 1:00pm the Carolina Beach Farmer’s Market provides farm fresh seasonal vegetables and fruits, wine, NC peanut products, homemade baked goods, garden plants and herbs, fresh eggs, organic berries, free range meats, sauces and spices, hand made soaps and candles, unique arts and crafts, cooking demonstrations from local chefs and music for your enjoyment from local musicians.
Get your tickets now for the PLEASURE ISLAND BREWERY INVITATIONAL presented by GOOD VIBES BREWING COMPANY LLC on July 31, 2010 at the Carolina Beach Lake Park from 3:00pm- 8:00pm. This inaugural event features 20 Regional Breweries offering unlimited sampling with music provided by special guests Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad and Toca Trio. Ticket prices are $30 in Advance and $40 Day of. Advance tickets and additional Information are available atwww.GOODVIBESBREW.com. Proceeds will benefit the Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project and NC Brewers Guild.
Free Movie Night – Free moving showing every Sunday night. This week’s showing is Where the Wild Things Are.
Real Estate and Weather – Pleasure Island had 25 new listings last week, 11 under contract and 13 closed sales. The weather has been hot, but has now dropped into the comfortable eighties. Wonderful beach weather!
For more info on activities go to www.pleasureislandnc.org
CNN Money recently wrote an article about some of America’s most unusual planned communities- must be over 55 and children can only visit for 3 weeks at a time, a pedestrian-friendly utopia, a Holy planned community… The article did not mention of any communities in Southeastern North Carolina. But as you head up Highway 17 from Brunswick County to Pender County and you will pass manygreat places to live!
Our area’s communities are situated in an ideal location. The climate, landscape and amenities are perfect for folks looking to retire, relocate and enjoy! We encourage you to find your lifestyle. Search our website to see the many communities and learn about our way of life! And if you want to learn more about lifestyles, see our Facebook living pages for Landfall, Porter’s Neck, Waterford, Magnolia Greens, and Brunswick Forest.
When walking into a house for sale, buyers need to feel like it could be theirs to move right into! You want to showcase your home in a way that catches people’s attention and draws them to the incredible features. And Size matters. Seeing every square inch of your home is what helps get it sold. It’s important to show off your space so that buyers can visualize enough room for all of their belongings.
Here are 5 designer tips on how to show off your space:
- Scale down the furniture: By having too many large pieces of furniture in a small room, a space can feel more cramped. Select smaller-scale furniture over large, chunky options. A good choice: furniture with wooden legs or unskirted chairs, so that you can see through the furniture to the floor underneath to open up a room.
- Beware of overly busy patterns: Too many bold patterns in a room with fabrics and accent pieces can make a room feel smaller. Big prints, bold plaids, and large floral patterns can be too busy for a small space. Stick to solids and use texture in fabrics to add interest.
- Lighten Up: Dark colors absorb the light making small rooms look even smaller. Lighter colors on walls — such as creams, light blues, light greens, tan, and soft yellows — help expand the room. Plus, softer, cooler tones are soothing and relaxing.
- Add height: Bring in anything that is tall to show off the height of the space. Whether it’s a piece of furniture such as a bookcase or an object like a tall tree, the height of the object will draw the eye upwards. Also in a house where you want to show off the height, hang the curtains above the normal window top level. To widen the window, tie the curtains back with a rope tieback to show off the windows.
- Use the reflection: Hang mirrors on walls to help add visual space. Mirrors can also reflect light and views, which will help lighten up the room and make it feel open and airy.
If you don’t feel comfortable redesigning your home ask your agent who they recommend for home staging. Below are before and after pictures from an Intracoastal Listing in Landfall. Wow, what a difference!!
Farmer’s Market – Come and enjoy the Farmer’s Market every Saturday morning from 8am-1pm at the Carolina Beach Lake.
Family Night – every Tuesday Night is Family Night from 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Cash Bingo – Wednesday Nights are Cash Bingo at the Boardwalk from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Fireworks and Live Music – Thursday Night enjoy live music from 6:30 – 9:30 featuring Machine Gun on July 22nd and then the Fireworks
Jazz Under the Stars – this event will be held Wednesday, July 28th at the Carolina Beach Lake Park featuring El Jaye Johnson playing from 8:00 – 10:00 pm.
Free Summer Concert held every Friday Night at the Fort Fisher Military Recreation Area in Kure Beach from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Katelyn Marks is featured on July 23rd. Bring blankets and chairs for the whole family and prepare to boogie the night away.
The Free Movies at the Lake Series continues this weekend at the Carolina Beach Lake Park and features Beatle Juice. The movie starts at 8:45 p.m., so bring your chairs and blankets and head out to the Lake for a great evening. There will be concessions featuring popcorn, candy, soft drinks and more at very affordable prices.
Real Estate and Weather – Last week there were 27 new listings on Pleasure Island, 15 under contract, and 10 closed sales. The weather remains nice and warm with a mild breeze, perfect for the beach.